Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has seven months after his inauguration, finally forwarded a list of commissioner nominees to the state House of Assembly for confirmation as members of his cabinet.
In a letter dated June 19, 2017, and addressed to the Speaker of the House, Dr. Justin Okonoboh, Obaseki urged the lawmakers to facilitate the confirmation of the nominees.
The 18 nominees were from each of the local government areas in the state.
The nominees include:
1. Yekini Idaiyi, from Akoko-Edo
2. Paul Ohonbamu, Egor LGA
3. Hon. Christopher Adesotu from Ovia South West
4. Mrs. Magdalene Ohenhen from Esan South East
5. Barr. Emmanuel Usoh from Esan North East
6. Mr. Jimoh Ijegbai from Owan East
7. Mr. Joseph Ugheoke from Estako Central
8. Mariam Abubakar from Estako West
9. Mika Amanokhai from Estako East
10 Monday Osaigbovo from Ovia North East.
11 Mr. Osazee Ero from Orhionmwon
12 David Osifo from Uhunmwode
13 Barr. E. Agbale from Esan Central
14 Mr. Osagie Inegbedion from Igueben,
15 Prof. Yinka Omoregbe from Oredo
16 Reginald Okun from Owan West
17 Edorodion Erimona Oye from Ikpoba-Okha
18 Mr. Amiolemen Osahon from Esan West.